Motherless Child a cappella
8/3 Update: Verses added at the request of 100th Monkey. You may need to normalize the 1st verse with the two added ones. Original post…..This is the first recording I ever did myself with some new gear, and I’m interested in feedback about how the recording itself sounds (I’m a total newbie). I chose a classic spiritual because I’m almost positive it’s public domain, and seems like something someone may want to use sometime. If this isn’t appropriate to post here, please just let me know, and I’ll remove it (trying to get some feedback on my recording setup, not cause any problems). The new gear: Echo Indigo I/O pc sound card, Studio Projects B1 mic, M-Audio Audio Buddy mic pre, and my year-old laptop recording in my unfinished basement (when the air conditioner isn’t blasting white noise). Recorded this using Audacity because I still haven’t decided on which software to buy (I think I’ll maily just do vocals - any recommendations?). Peace….Chris
Uses samples from...
Samples are used in...
- Motherless Child, Motherless Nation
- times (some)
- how i felt yesterday
- A Long Way From Home (Ran's Mix)
- briefest moments (secret randumb style mix)
- alignment day
- down that road again
- My Name is teru and I'll be Your Tour Guide Today
- motherless child (another motherless monkey dub)
- motherless child (motherless monkey dub)
- Henry Kane Is Coming (poltergeist possession mix)